Thursday, February 01, 2007


Molly Ivins


Regular readers of PTF will know the love affair that I had/have for Molly Ivins. I was devastated, then, to hear that Molly lost her battle with breast cancer yesterday. She was 62.

Her sharp sense of humor, as well as her dead-on political analysis, will be missed by millions of her devoted readers.

I lost my mother to breast cancer, and have another very close friend who is fighting (and winning) her battle with breast cancer.

If you ever enjoyed the writing or insight of Molly Ivins, consider making a small donation to the Susan G. Komen Foundation in her honor today.

Posted by FleshPresser at 4:55 PM /

3 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:10 PM  
    Nice to have you back. I check in from time to time and I was wondering...

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 6:28 PM  
    good to be back... when are we grabbing that long-awaited beer?

  • Blogger Nico Bell posted at 6:26 PM  
    I was also very upset by this news. Ms Ivins was one of my heroes. Even though I knew she was very ill, I still exclaimed "Oh no!" and burst into tears when I heard she passed away. She was a great lady. RIP Molly!

  • Post a Comment

    « Home