Sunday, January 15, 2006


POUNDING MY FLESH: Flesh For Sale


Well, not exactly... but "Your Ad Here" might apply. "And here." "And here."

Let's get one thing straight. I'm not going to be setting up any E-Bay auctions to sell myself.

But I am currently seeking sponsors for my 2006 Racing and Running Season. Now, at first, this sounds crazy. I am NOT a professional runner, nor do I anticipate winning any of the events in which I participate. Nike won't be knocking on my door any time soon.

But it's all the more reason why your business, blog, web site, etc. may want to sponsor me. Drop me a line at PressingTheFlesh@aol.com and I'll give you the full details.

I'll be running in three (actually, four) major racing events this year, in various locations across the country, in addition to several smaller "tune-up events" to prepare and train for the major runs.

In each of these events, I will wear your logo, ad, text, or anything else you might want me to wear - all sponsorship fees are applied on a scale based on size and scope of sponsorship, but ALL will be affordable, and CHEAP considering the numbers, demographics and geographic regions you'll be reaching.

Here's the best part - your blog, advertisement, web site, online business will be seen by MILLIONS of people! I personally guarantee that. How do I know? Well, first of all, let me list the events for you:

April 30, 2006 - Runner's World Half-Marathon - Allentown, PA
This event usually has 3,000 - 4,000 participants each year, in addition to the family, friends, community members, etc. who cheer along the side of the road or serve as volunteers on the race course.

October 22, 2006 - The LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon - Chicago Illinois
One of the classic annual marathons, this race has 40,000 participants each year, and over 1.5 MILLION spectators are expected to line the streets, cheering runners through the streets of The Windy City.

January 6-7, 2007 - The Walt Disney World Half and Full Marathon Challenge - Orlando, Florida
My first half-marathon was run in Disney World. As a beginning runner, but advanced Disno-phile, I knew that Disney World was one of the few things that would motivate me to run 13 miles. So, this year, I've challenged myself to run not just the half-marathon, but the full marathon, as well. There will be a combined 30,000 participants involved with these two races, in addition to the hundreds of thousands of volunteers and spectators.

In addition to each of these major races, there will be various 5 and 10K events run throughout the year as training and in preparation for the major events.

YOUR AD WILL BE NOTICED. How do I know? This is simple. People, both participants and spectators, look for ANYTHING to distinguish people from the crowd during the race. In my first race, someone made the suggestion that I put my name on front of my short, and I cannot tell you how many people called out my name during that race.

In addition, as I said, I am not anticipating winning any of these races. I am what is called a "midpacker." People pass me, and I pass them. Invariably during the long races, people begin having conversations with one another, and I'd love to be the spokesperson for your business, blog, web site, etc.

If you're interested in more information, and are as serious about this as I am, feel free to drop me a line at PRESSINGTHEFLESH@AOL.COM, and I'll get you all the information you need to get set up.

Thanks, in advance, for considering this sponsorship.

Posted by FleshPresser at 12:20 PM /

2 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 2:35 AM  
    I wonder if I could get Alpha Psi to sponser you...
    I will bring it up at the next meeting. its worth a shot. you are a sister :)

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 2:39 AM  
    You would be the first official sponsors, and I'd put you in a place of honor in PTF, in addition to all the other sponsorship goodies! :)

  • Post a Comment

    « Home