Wednesday, January 11, 2006


1/11


So, has this been happening to anyone else lately?

I've been seeing the numbers "111" or "1111" over and over again for the past few months, and it's starting to strike me as more than a coincidence.

It started as simply catching 11:11AM or 11:11PM on various digital clocks around me - my wristwatch, the clock in my car, or the one on the microwave, or that little one in the corner of the computer screen. Then, I began hitting 1:11 as well.

Then, it started spreading out to other areas, as well. A recent flight was "Flight 111." On that same trip, the connecting flight was listed on the itinerary as taking one hour and eleven minutes.

One of the strangest events took place a few nights after I told my wife what I had been seeing. She thought it was curious, and kind of interesting, but that was about it. That night, she went out to visit with some friends, and I printed out some materials I found online - kind of goofy stuff that didn't seem to make much sense, but I printed a few pages of it out for her to see when she got home.

Then I started watching a movie. As I heard her car pull up in the driveway, I looked up at the clock over the TV, and it read - 11:11PM, of course. She came into the house and before I even mentioned anything, she said that she had noticed the 11:11PM on her car clock.

I showed her the stuff I had printed out, and she looked at it and then sat down with me to watch the movie. I don't know how familiar any of you are with this movie, but starting about halfway through the film, there are A LOT of references to 1111, which neither of us knew before watching the film. Freaked the both of us out in a pretty major way.

At any rate, today is January 11th, or 1/11, and so I just wanted to make note of the day, I suppose. Maybe today is a good day to play the lottery? Anyone else have any experience with this same phenomenon?

Posted by FleshPresser at 1:11 AM /

1 Comments

  • Blogger Princess Meow posted at 3:19 PM  
    It may be just a quirky, southern thing....but I have always been told 11:11 was good luck and whenever you see it, you are supposed to make a wish.

    Just a thought.

    Today is Friday the 13th....and contrary to popular superstition, 13 is MY lucky number! Time to play the Texas Lottery!

    btw...did you INTEND to post your reply at 1:11 am or was that just luck?

  • Post a Comment

    « Home