Sunday, March 05, 2006


Oscar Liveblogging - Wrap-up - HOLY #$&^



I was all prepared to sign on for my final post and talk about how there were no surprises in any of the major categories, and then Jack Nicholson pulls the major upset out of the envelope - CRASH wins Best Picture. In my estimation, this is a HUGE upset. I don't know of ANYONE who actually picked CRASH to beat Brokeback Mountain... there were people talking about it in a sporting way, but I don't think there were many who actually believed it had any kind of a shot.

Well, I guess they were wrong.

I guess that sort of blows the three6mafia win out of the water in terms of surprises.

So, now it'll be fun to sit back and listen to the outrage and the scandal about Brokeback Mountain not winning. "Fun" isn't the right word, but how many people will blame Hollywood for not being "liberal" enough to accept a gay film as it's Best Picture, when up until this moment, Hollywood is viewed as nothing bu liberal. It WILL be interesting to see how this all washes out.

In terms of my prognostication, I fared OK - obviously, I had a few holes blown through my predictions for the majors, but overall, I had 19 of 24... not too shabby a showing... not at all.

Thus ends my First Official (and probably last) PTF Liveblogging event.

tags: , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 11:27 PM /

4 Comments

  • Blogger qta posted at 1:10 AM  
    ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

    Good job on the live blogging. I have done it a couple of times and it is very hard to do.

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 2:09 AM  
    damion -

    Thanks for the compliments, as well as the communal primal scream that we all shared! :)

    Sorry I missed you in Philly... we would have loved to see you!

  • Blogger Princess Meow posted at 10:17 AM  
    I am an official Oscar junkie. It was a huge deal for my mother and me when I was growing up. We would plan for it all year. Everything was taken care of in time to get in our jammies, lay out the parade of junk food and prepare ourselves for the parade of Hollywood glamour and stargazing. It was as if we were right there, front row, on our couch in our humble little house in Texas.

    The standout moments for me this year where few. I laughed so much when Meryl Streep and Lily Tomlin presented the Honorary Academy Award to Robert Altman! I loved Reese's speech. However, I love her anyway so there is not much she could do wrong in my book. I was ECSTATIC that Philip Seymour Hoffman was given the nod as I think he is one of our BEST character actors. George Clooney cracks me up and has been so very humble and honest so I was happy he won.

    I HAVE to say the MOST excited acceptance speech award HAS to go to three6mafia!! Jon Stewart was right, THAT is how you accept an Oscar!

    With these few exceptions, the excitement, emotion, and all of the magic just wasn't there last night

    Was it just me or was anyone else disappointed at how lackluster and blah it was. THIS IS MY SUPER BOWL IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE EXCITING! Jon Stewart did a great job. I just don't think they "got" him. There is ALWAYS next year!

    I can't WAIT until all the magazines come out w/all the best/worst dressed pics! That is half the fun too!

  • Blogger JB Lazarte posted at 10:51 PM  
    im coming from the other end. i've always felt Crash had a great chance, but i thought i should see Brokeback first before opening my trap (which i have yet to see). i think this year's ceremony's fine, except for some of the speeches, as usual.

  • Post a Comment

    « Home