Saturday, March 04, 2006


POUNDING MY FLESH - Running and Training Update - March 4, 2006



Another milestone hit this week - training tipped over 100 miles this week, putting me on pace for somewhere around 900 miles by the end of the year. This would shatter anything that I've done in the past, regardless of the number of races I'm able to complete. On to the totals for this week:

This Week: 13.0 miles
Average Pace/Mile: 11:20
2006 Total Thus Far: 103.3 miles
Average Pace/Mile: 10:57
I received two e-mails from friends this week, asking about my running. One wanted to know exactly how I kept track of all of these statistics, and the other wanted to know how I kept my motivation going week after week. The answer, at least in part, to both of these questions is the same - I keep a running journal.

There are all sorts of options online to make keeping a running journal easy... I've chosen Cool Running. I'm able to look at my progress week by week, month by month, and well beyond. Every day that I run three miles may not seem like a lot, but after a while you begin to see that you've run 100 miles, and that makes me feel like I've really accomplished something, and I'm motivated to keep going.

In addition, Cool Running keep strack of avergae times for me, lets me know ehn it's time to look for a new pair of shoes, and maintains a lot of other information for me, in addition to providing a community of people doing the same sorts fo things I'm doing in their Forums. If you're just beginning, or if you're just looking for a way to stay motivated, give Cool Running a shot, or if you find another journal that works for you, let me know!

Hey, if you're looking for a way to get the word out on the street about your blog - literally - why not consider sponsoring my running season? In addition to plastering your blog info. across this country in various road races, I'll find some prime real estate right here on PTF for you.

Tag: , , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 5:57 PM /

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home