Friday, March 24, 2006


Musical Pi



It seems that my birthday last week fell on several other very important Days of Celebration, not the least of which was Pi Day. This post, then is dedicated to Meghan and Kayte, who celebrated Pi Day in classic fashion. I'm still waiting for my air mail delivery of the baked goods!

Anyway, today as I was surfing, I came across a truly unique site - one with which I could waste any number of hours, should I so choose.

Musical Pi, or pi10K, allows you to assign notes to numbers between the value of 0 and 9. Once you've completed this simple assignment, it will then "play" the song of pi as you've written it, out to the first 10,000 digits. Wow.

Give it a go. And make sure to check out some of the other experiments on avoision.com - my favorite is Round.

Tags: , , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 12:28 AM /

1 Comments

  • Blogger Kayte posted at 2:48 PM  
    I think the Pi Cookies are a bit old at this point...but if you'd like to give us a heads up on any other minor holidays we can bake for, feel free!

  • Post a Comment

    « Home