Friday, March 17, 2006


Flesh Of My Flesh - Julia Shannon


Pressing The Flesh is all about politics, punditry, pop culture, and propaganda, but today we set all of that aside for something we deem to be entirely more important.



I am incredibly proud and pleased to introduce you to my new little daughter, Julia Shannon. She was born today, March 17th, 2006 at 12:19PM, weighing in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces, and measuring a healthy 20 inches. Julia has an AMAZING head of hair, the biggest feet I've ever seen on a baby, and has me instantly wrapped around her little finger, of course.

Mom and daughter are both resting comfortably, and we're looking to spending some time together as a newly-expanded family.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, prayers, and well wishes - I'm sure Mom would love to see your comments below (feel free to post in the Comments Section) once she returns from the hospital.

There seem to be so many things that polarize us in this world, but when you look into the eyes of a young child like this, it all seems so easy. So simple. So clear.

Posted by FleshPresser at 6:43 PM /

9 Comments

  • Blogger Meghan posted at 8:14 PM  
    A huge green hug and many green kisses to the whole family!!

    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

    Welcome to The World, little Julia Shannon.

    You are beautiful.

  • Blogger Princess Meow posted at 11:14 PM  
    CONGRATS! She is BEAUTIFUL!

  • Blogger Dogeared posted at 4:58 AM  
    For a St. Patrick's Day baby, Shannon is a great middle name!

    Welcome to the world, Julia Shannon!

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 3:36 PM  
    How gorgeous...and how appropos that she enters the world on your favorite holiday! Congratulations to you and Gail (and Ben).

    Lurve,
    Gabriel

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:56 PM  
    Congratulations! She is beautiful!

  • Blogger Kayte posted at 6:47 PM  
    oooh Congratulations! I was wondering what you meant when you said your real birthday present was coming Friday - now I get it! She's so cute :)

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 9:40 PM  
    Congrats!

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 12:37 AM  
    Thanks for all of your wonderful congratulations - we just got home from the hospital this evening, and begin our sleepless marathon of beginning a new routine with our new family! Julia is angelic, as is my wife and our son... I'm probably one of the luckiest people I know!

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 5:25 PM  
    OH MY GOODNESS, SHE IS THE MOST PRECIOUS BABY. SHE IS REALLY GONNA KNOCK EM DEAD IN THE LITTLE GET UP I GOT FOR HER. CONGRATULATIONS GUYS. TELL BEN SHE IS AS CUTE AS HE IS. GAIL I MISS YOU ALREADY. TIM, WELL, WHAT THE HECK I MISS YOU TOO!!! SHE'S BEAUTIFUL. GOD BLESS

    LOVE,
    CARESSA

  • Post a Comment

    « Home