Sunday, January 15, 2006


POUNDING MY FLESH: The Journey Begins


As some of you may know, I began the sport of running in April of 2003, and completed almost 300 miles of running in 2005 (It would have been more, but an illness in the fall sidelined me for several months).

For those of you who don't run, that may seem like an amazing distance. For those who do run regularly, the distance is just a drop in the bucket.

I'm planning on 2006 being an ambitious year for myself in many ways, but most certainly in my running. I tried to come up with the most inconceivable goal I could think of, and decided to pursue it.

In January 2007, I'll be running the Full and Half Marathons in Walt Disney World. Each race is run on a separate day now, and as such, it's possible to participate in both. It will total close to 40 miles in two days.

From time to time, then, I will be checking in here to let readers know how my training is going. Thus far, I have run 24 miles for the year, and 12 this past week. In addition, I will be sharing running tips that are helping me in my training, and soliciting advice from folks on how to get over the hurdles I'm facing from time to time.

Wish me luck... here goes nothing!

Posted by FleshPresser at 1:08 PM /

2 Comments

  • Blogger Meghan posted at 2:12 PM  
    You're back on the blog scene - w00t!

    That's great about the running... you're going to have such a blast doing those marathons.

    My fiance' is a former IronMan triathlete... so, if you need any tips, give us a hollah.

    Besides... I owe you for the great baby advice!

  • Blogger Ranando posted at 7:46 PM  
    You go and YES, by all means keep us updated.

  • Post a Comment

    « Home