Tuesday, June 20, 2006


Stanley Cup Playoffs


Last night, the NHL crowned it's Stanley Cup Champions, mercifully drawing a close to another hockey season. The champs won the final game by a score of 3-1. I'd tell you who won, but let's face it, it's hockey, and you don't care.

Need proof? Quick.. tell me who was playing? Exactly.

Need more proof? Game One of the Stanley Cup Finals, broadcast on OLN (the Outdoor Life Network) had lower ratings than women's college softball being aired at the same time.

Game Two, also on OLN, lost in the ratings war to a rained-out ESPN baseball game that never started.

Game Three, with coverage now shifting over to NBC, lost in the LA market - a market that includes TWO hockey teams, to reruns of I Love Lucy.

Do I care about hockey? Puck, no. And neither do you. Go ahead, all of you Apologists who seem to find PTF and take issue with everything I post.

Defend hockey. I dare you.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 1:21 AM /

2 Comments

  • Blogger Sarah posted at 2:34 AM  
    Honey, I don't really care what anybody thinks about hockey. I still enjoy it. Even if my mom and I were the only two people watching.

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 8:47 AM  
    I'm glad you do... and I'll be the first to admit that my ignorance about the sport is part of why I don't like it - but you've got to admit with the strike, the lack of "superstars," and their seeming inability to get the TV thing right... the NHL doesn't do themselves any favors.

  • Post a Comment

    « Home