Tuesday, December 19, 2006


MERRY CHANZAAMAS!!!


In the whole political minefield of holiday greetings, we are all struck at one time or another wondering what to wish each other during the "merriest of seasons."

For my money, I accept all greetings. Although I celebrate Christmas, if someone were to wish me "Happy Chanukah!" - well, I would accept it in the spirit that it was intended... someome trying to wish me their tidings of good will during the cold month of December.

Still, for some of you, this simply will not do. So, in an attempt to make as many people happy as possible, I am hereby coining the phrase "MERRY CHANZAAMAS!!!" A quick Google search showed no entries for the word, so I am claiming it as my own - right here, right now - but I give it to each of you as a gift during this holiday season.

It seems to roll off the tongue quite easily, and sounds as fun as the season is intended to be.

For those of you who complain that I'm taking the "Christ" out of Christmas - please be a Christian and heed the words of Matthew:
And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Now, get over it, and get on board! As for the "symbol of the season," I can think of nothing more appropriate than a simple light in the night. It can be as extravagant as any outdoor display currently festooning a suburban abode, or as simple as a candle being held in a dark room. Anything that provides light in a positive way qualifies, so be creative.

Spread the word, and say it with me....

MERRY CHANZAAMAS!!!

Posted by FleshPresser at 6:05 PM /

3 Comments

  • Blogger The Professor posted at 7:03 PM  
    Of COURSE you didn't take Christ out of Christmas. Yours is a different holiday, with a different celebration.

    I, for one, haven't confused, or conflated, the two. I hope you haven't, either.

    The Prof

  • Blogger Dave Dragon posted at 11:27 PM  
    Don't give in to the Political Correctness Bull Shit; say whatever you sincerely feel like saying.

    Merry Christmas

    Dave Dragon
    http://davedragon.blogspot.com

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 11:41 PM  
    No Prof... what I created was a holiday greeting that encompassed many different holidays into one greeting.

    Say what I sincerely feel like saying... hmmm... OK... May your house overflow with an abundance of porkchops over the holiday season, Dave. :)

  • Post a Comment

    « Home