Thursday, April 13, 2006
A Summary For The Apologists
In the year 2000, George W. Bush said to the American people:
"Americans are tired of investigations and scandal, and the best way to get rid of them is to elect a new president who will bring a new administration, who will restore honor and dignity to the White House."
Hasn't quite worked out that way, has it? Let's take a look at just the last two weeks or so... for the five or six remaining Bush Administration Apologists, here's a PARTIAL list of all of the ineptitude of the Administration:
* Retired major general Charles Swannack, former commander of the Army's 82nd Airborne Division, joins the chorus of retired military officials who served in Iraq now asking for Secretary Rumsfeld's resignation. Where are all those Apologists who keep chanting that we need to "Support Our Troops?"
* Despite the fact that the most recent National Intelligence Estimate states that under the BEST circumstances, Iran is more than ten years away from a nuclear weapon, Administration officials are spreading fear and trying to distract from other failures by lying to America and stating that Iran is "sixteen days" away from a nuclear weapon;
* Alleged "weapons labs" used as rationale in front of the UN to go to war with Iraq were not, in fact, mobile weapons labs. As it's been found out, not only did the Bush Administration lied about them when they were found during the war, but they knoew that they weren't weapons lab prior ot the start of the war;
* The White House is pressed for answers after Administration officials are implicated in a scheme in New Hampshire to jam the Democrats' get-out-the-vote phone lines on Election Day 2002.
* The Administration makes plans for nuclear strikes against Iran, despite the best advice of it's highest military officials;
* In an attempt to undermine Joe Wilson's criticism of the Administration, Scooter Libby testifies that he received 'approval from the President through the Vice President' to leak confidential information, which President Bush then says he "declassified";
* The Administration suffers a new round of record-setting lows in public opinion polls;
* Deputy Homeland Security Press Secretary Brian Doyle resigns after being caught soliciting child pornography on the Internet;
* Tom DeLay resigns from Congress;
* Andy Card resigns from the Administration under pressure to shake up the Cabinet...
Is it any wonder why Scott McClellan has a permanent look of "Get me the hell out of here!" on his face during his recent press conferences???
As to the Democrats, PLEASE take a look a this list, and tell me again WHY it would be a bad thing to have this President censured, let alone impeached, let alone tried for war crimes?!?!?
Tags: Bush, scandal, Rumsfeld, Swannack, resignation, support our troops, Iran, NIE, nuclear, Iraq, mobile weapons lab, WMD, phone jamming, Scooter Libby, testimony, public opinion, Brian Doyle, child pornography, Tom DeLay, Andy Card, Scott McClellan
Posted by FleshPresser at 10:46 PM /
Miss Cellania posted at 6:19 AM
The pictures are priceless! I have found a new site I'll have to keep up with. Thanks!