Tuesday, May 09, 2006


My Luncheon With Paul


OK... so it clearly wasn't My Dinner With Andre, but if you count starfucking as a great way to spend an afternoon (as I sheepishly admit to), then this was a truly great day.

My longtime friend, The Amazing ModFab, manages The Drama League, and for the past two years, he has invited me to assist him with the Annual Awards Luncheon.

I chose to serve as an assistant to Paul Rudd, mainly because I dig his work both on stage (thought his performance as Orsino in Twelfth Night with Helen Hunt and Kyra Sedgwick was really well done), as well as his roles in films like Romeo + Juliet, Wet Hot American Summer, and goofy shit like his role as Brian Fantana in Anchorman. As I told others there, he was a guy I'd love to sit down with and just have a beer.

Not to be forgotten in my decision, however, was the fact that he's currently starring on Broadway right now in a little show called Three Days of Rain. You might know it by it's subtitle, "That Show That Julia Roberts Is In."

At any rate, I made a calculated guess that a little face time with Paul would equal a little face time with Julia Roberts, as well.

I can report that Paul Rudd is a very unassuming and very nice guy - he took the subway to the Awards Luncheon. Julia Roberts isn't as tall as you would think, but very pleasant, nonetheless.

David Schwimmer showed up wearing a jacket that I truly coveted, and I thought about offering to exchange my jacket for his, but then thought that might be a bit forward.

Alan Cumming was the host for the luncheon, and he arrived in a short-trimmed mohawk and stylish thick dark-rimmed glasses.

Cyndi Lauper was magnificent - she has aged so beautifully, and was really wonderful.

There were many other celebs there that we got to brush by as the day went on - Nathan Lane, Ralph Fiennes, Taye Diggs, Cynthia Nixon, Patti LuPone... the list goes on and on and on.

I am thankful, as always, to ModFab for including me this event that truly defines Modern Fabulosity.

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 1:52 AM /

3 Comments

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 5:20 PM  
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

  • Blogger Attila the Mom posted at 6:12 PM  
    Sounds like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing with the rest of us!

  • Blogger Princess Meow posted at 4:52 PM  
    AWESOME! Looks like some of that star dust is stuck in your eye there! I am OFFICIALLY...a tad jealous. *GRIN*

  • Post a Comment

    « Home