Saturday, February 04, 2006


POUNDING MY FLESH - Running and Training Update - February 4, 2006



This was a tough week for running. Because of rehearsals that have been intensifying this week, in addition to generally crappy weather, I was able to get to the gym four times this week.

Now to be clear, I generally only run four times a week. The problem comes when I'm restricted to indoor running. The gym that I belong to limits time on the treadmill to 30 minutes per session. At most, I can run a 10 minute mile, which means that if I run perfectly, I can only put together 12 miles in a given week.

So, I wasn't perfect this week. I posted a total of 11.3 miles for the week, with an average pace of 10:34. This puts my 2006 total at 63.4 miles, and my average pace thus far neatly at 11:00 per mile.

I'm going to keep this posting short this week - I know I promised more tunes from my iPod last week, but you'll just have to hang in there - I'll make it worth it next week. In addition, next week, I begin my formal "training" schedule for the upcoming races, and I'll share my training schedule with you as well.

Imagine what it would look like to have me wearing your blog logo, business logo, or personal logo! Take a look at sponsorship opportunities!

Posted by FleshPresser at 8:44 PM /

0 Comments

Post a Comment

« Home