Thursday, March 29, 2007


Radio-Television Correspondents' Dinner Highlights: MC Rove


I wish that this was a joke.

I wish I didn't have to see Brad Sherwood and Colin Mochrie of Whose Line Is It Anyway talking to Karl Rove.

I wish I didn't have to watch Karl Rove painfully struggling to be funny.

I really wish I didn't have to watch David Gregory strutting behind Karl Rove, pretending that all's well in the world - that he actually likes Karl Rove, and that that whole "politics" thing they both do is really just an act for the cameras.

But since I had to see it, I'm now forcing you to view it, too.



Is it just me, or is there an Oscar night quality to these Dinners? Whenever I watch this stuff on C-SPAN, it always strikes me that the politicians are just playing "characters," and that on nights like these, they all get together to share a big belly laugh about it all.

Labels: ,


Posted by FleshPresser at 12:43 PM /

2 Comments

  • Blogger Meghan posted at 10:29 AM  
    I agree.

    Most of the time, I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

  • Blogger Pseudonymous posted at 8:22 AM  
    And you had to watch it, because...?

  • Post a Comment

    « Home