Tuesday, August 08, 2006


Primary Day


Today marks an important day, not only for local primary elections, but for the directon of the Democratic party, in a sense.

The marquee match-up, obviously, is the Senate Democratic Primary in Connecticut, where Joe Lieberman is fighting for his political life against Ned Lamont. Another high-profile race is playing out in Georgia's 4th District, as Rep. Cynthia McKinney fights for her job against Primary challenger Hank Johnson.

The challengers seemed to be leading in both races going into the elections. Lamont maintained a six point lead in Connecticut against Lieberman, while Johnson built a thirteen point lead in his race against McKinney.

Of course, within several hours, we'll have at least some initial results from both of these races.

I was going to post some of my thoughts about both of these races today, but I think I will wait until after the results come in. I'm sure that PTF doesn't have enough of a wide scope to influence the results in any way, but just in case we have readers in Connecticut or Georgia's Fourth District, I will simply say this:

**********VOTE!!!!**********
If you need an example of just how important ONE single vote can be, take a look at this example. And REMEMBER, CT and GA aren't the only states having Primary Elections today - wherevery ou are, make sure you vote if you have the opportunity!!!

If you need a sneak peek at some of my thoughts, take a look at the post that my friend ModFab wrote about Lieberman, and our ensuing conversation.



Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Posted by FleshPresser at 12:03 PM /

2 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:56 PM  
    Lest your readers think, from your last line, that I'm a Lieberman lover, just want to say here and now that I think Ned Lamont should be Grand Vizier of the Entire Universe, Including The Fourth and Fifth Dimensions of Time And Space.

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 6:59 PM  
    Absolutely... thanks for the clarification, ModFab. I was assuming, of course, that people would actually read your post, in which you state that you would vote for Lamont, but clarification is always good.

  • Post a Comment

    « Home