Thursday, February 23, 2006


The House of Bernarda Alba



At long last it opens! My production of The House of Bernarda Alba, written by Federico Lorca and Adapted by the amazing Emily Mann, opens this weekend. If you happen to be in the Allentown, PA area, please stop in and take a look! It's a damn fine production with some pretty amazing work done by the actresses on stage, if I do say so myself!

OK... so our production doesn't feature Phylicia Rashad or Daphne Rubin-Vega, and it's not the World Premiere of a musical version of the Lorca show (STILL not quite sure how that will fly... oh, well...) On the plus side, it runs a very tidy 1.5 hours, and tickets will set you back $15, as opposed to $75.00 for the NYC production. Tell ya' what... if you mention that the FleshPresser sent you, I might just buy you a drink after the show!

As an enticement, I've posted some photos from the show taken this evening at our final Invited Dress Preview - enjoy! Click on the image to enlarge.






Posted by FleshPresser at 1:04 AM /

6 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 1:36 AM  
    hmmmmm Looks like a pretty HOTT show... I think I'll come check it out.... you gonna buy me a drink if i say you sent me? Its better than saying Im coming because Im the lighting designer!

    Glad to see you used the pics!

    Congrats on an amazing show!!!!!

    Love Lizzi

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 1:47 AM  
    And congrats to you (AND THANK YOU) for an amazing lighting design! I'll definitely buy you that drink!

  • Blogger Meghan posted at 2:44 AM  
    Only $15 and a drink after the show??

    Damn, that's almost worth the $300 plane fare from SoCal to PA.

    Congratulations on your opening... and I must say, from the pictures, that lighting design does look pretty sweet!

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:29 PM  
    oh thanks! I wouldn't want my first experiences in the most important field of my life to be with anyone else! sets, lights. down. i guess whats left is to be in one of your shows!

    I heard the show went great! I left with a headache, it happens. but ill be there sat! we should plan to go out for a drink sometime in the next week.

    Lizzi

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 11:02 PM  
    Glad to hear it went well. Miss you guys. Reading you regularly. Like to have your insanity in my life more regularly.

    B-LOVE

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 12:35 AM  
    Meghan - if you spent the money, I'd make sure that drink was a BIG one! :) Of course, maybe it's better to wait for a few more months for that big drink! :)

    B-Luv! - I am thrilled that you're reading! Are we ever going to find a time to claim that dinner?

    Lizzi - tomorrow or Saturday sounds great - sorry about the headache.

  • Post a Comment

    « Home