Thursday, September 01, 2005


Resting The Flesh


PTF is going to go on hiatus for a brief period. We're not going to disappear entirely, but we're taking a brief break. PTF was meant to serve as a place to discuss and comment on current events and politics, but lately those topics have been far too grim. A country divided and fractured politically. Cities essentially wiped off of the map. A leader who chooses not to lead. Violence and chaos erupting as the situation worsens. The problems spreading and affecting the nation as a whole. An impending anniversary of another national tragedy.

For my own personal mental health, I can't continue to post about these topics every day, but I can't NOT post about them with a clear conscience. So, my alternative is to close up shop for a few days.

I'll return on Monday, September 12th, 2005 - just consider it a vacation. Unlike Jon Stewart, I simply don't have re-runs that I can air in the meantime. However, you can go and watch re-runs of The Daily Show in the meantime. Or you can visit one of the best blogs out there, Modern Fabulosity. Or one of the best up-and-coming blogs, Queering The Apparatus. Or get away from your computer for a change and go see a great show in New York City. Or one in Philadelphia. You see? There's plenty to do. You'll be just fine.

As for me, I'm going to go focus on my breath for a while. And my family.

I know that blogs are sort of built for people with short attention spans - miss a day posting, and you never know if your audience will ever come back again. I've been building a bit of a following as of late, and so to all of you I say "Thanks." I truly hope you come back on the 12th, but I fully understand that 12 days is an eternity in the blogosphere. If you aren't able to come back, thanks for making PTF part of your routine for a while.

As for the rest of you, I'll see you on the 12th - pending everything beginning to find some level of normality. Well, a guy can dream, right?

Posted by FleshPresser at 10:06 AM /

1 Comments

  • Blogger qta posted at 2:50 PM  
    see you on the 12th Love. Say hello to the fam for me.
    love damion

  • Post a Comment

    « Home