Monday, March 21, 2005


To Blog Or Not To Blog?


It strikes me today that at times, it is very difficult to maintain a blog, particularly when there are so many ideas going through my head, and so little time in any given day to capture them. Every blogger goes through the "Is there anybody out there?" syndrome, I'm sure. And if no one is reading, then why write?

Although there are times I doubt anyone is reading this (a large majority of the times, at this point), I suppose one writes in a diary or other personal journal as well, wholly knowing that the act of writing and capturing the thoughts is what is truly important. There is a basic knowledge that no one will read the journal entries, but the writer will still have the thoughts for self, if for no one else.

So, I will continue to blog away for the time being. If anyone else reads my thoughts, so be it. If not, I write for the pure act of doing it myself.

As such, PRESSING THE FLESH may begin to take on more of a personal tone, but will always be written with the knowledge that, at any given time, someone may sneak a peek into my journal and riffle through the pages - maybe looking for something in particular, and possibly just reading for the voyeuristic quality of glimpsing inside someone else's skull for a brief moment.

Is there anybody out there?

Posted by FleshPresser at 10:23 AM /

4 Comments

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:48 PM  
    Yes, I'm reading. Does that make just two of us?

  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 12:52 PM  
    Nope, I'm reading too...and a damn fine read it is, too! One thing: PTF may not get very much traffic primarily because A) it's new, and B) you don't post every day. That isn't a criticism, but it's clear that daily blogging builds crowds.

    Also, PTF doesn't appear in very many blog guides, or search engines. Think about adding it to blog guides, starting a blogroll, and things like PingoMatic and cross-referencing similar blogs like Kos and Pandagon.

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 1:22 PM  
    Thanks for being here, Fredd. I t may be just the two of us, but I enjoy the company, be it in large or smaller numbers. :)

  • Blogger FleshPresser posted at 1:25 PM  
    Of course, ModFab is one of my heroes in the blogosphere, so it flatters me to have you reading!

    I'm still wet behind the ears with all of this, of course, and I don't know the ins and outs of appearing in blog guides, blogrolls, or pingomatics (pingomatic.... sounds like a name for an automated pinball machine or something... pinball.. does that reveal my old-headedness?)

    Any info. you care to e-mail would be incredibly appreciated, as always... also if you know how to create a list of links, so I can add ModFab to my site!!

  • Post a Comment

    « Home